Resources for Seniors
- Check out the UConn Seniors website for information on graduation.
- Click here for info on upcoming Senior Events.
- Follow Degree Audit’s Step’s to a Successful Graduation to make sure you’re ready to graduate.
- Refer to the Commencement Office for information pertaining to the May commencement ceremony.
Graduation vs. Commencement
Graduation occurs when you have completed all of your requirements and your degree is “conferred,” whereas commencement is the ceremony in May that celebrates graduation. Students finishing up coursework in December or the Summer are eligible to “walk” in May commencement but will not graduate until they have completed all of the requirements for their degree. Once they complete all their requirements, their degree will be “conferred” and they will officially graduate from the university.
Dates and Deadlines
All students wishing to participate in commencement must apply to graduate and submit their final plan of study by the deadline stated below. Late submission may result in your name being absent from publications or ineligibility to participate in commencement.
|Last Term of Coursework||Graduation
|Begin to Apply||Deadline to Apply||Commencement Ceremony||Date Degree
|Spring 2022||Spring 2022||After enrolling for Spring 2022||February 11, 2022||May 9, 2022||May 2022|
|Summer 2022||Summer 2022||After enrolling for Spring 2022||February 11, 2022||May 9, 2022||August 2022|
|Fall 2022||Fall 2022||After enrolling for 2022||September 23, 2022||May 8, 2023||December 2022|
Apply to Graduate and Submit your Final Plan of Study
After you register for your final academic semester, apply to graduate in the Student Administration System (i.e., PeopleSoft) according to the term in which you will complete your coursework. Applying to graduate allows Degree Audit in the registrar’s office to track your progress and rectify any problems (e.g., insufficient credits, unfulfilled requirements, etc.). Then, submit your final plan of study by the fourth week of your final semester in the academic year. (That’s the Spring semester for Summer graduates and the Fall semester for Winter graduates.)
Electronic Submission Instructions
- Please be sure your plan(s) are correct.
- If you haven’t already, apply to graduate in the Student Administration System (i.e., PeopleSoft).
- Submit your final plan of study in the Student Administration System.
- Navigate to your Academic Requirements report, and click the now visible Submit Final Plan of Study button.
- In the Comments box, be sure to list any transfer courses that may not be visible on your Advisement Report (or that you still have to transfer in) and non-pre-approved related courses you will be using. Winter and Summer graduates should also list the winter or summer courses they plan on taking.
- Your advisor(s) will be notified, review your plan, and (if no errors are present) approve it.
- Once your Final Plan of Study is approved, it will be sent to Degree Audit in the registrar’s office.
Pursuing a double major, additional degree, or minor?
- Double major students (two majors in CLAS): You only need to submit your plan of study once, and each department will independently approve their portion.
- Additional degree students with Business, Education, and Engineering: You only need to submit your plan of study once, and each department will independently approve their portion.
- Additional degree students with other schools and colleges: Only the Business, CLAS, Education, and Engineering participate in the online submission process at this time. You must submit a paper plan of study for majors outside of these colleges.
- Minor students: Electronic submission is for majors only. You must submit a paper plan of study for your minor(s).
In the Honors Program?
Submitting the major plan of study is different than submitting the Honors Scholar Final Plan of Study. Please refer to the Honors Program for additional Honors-specific graduation information.