The SLHS Department offers a variety of support programs. Information on the programs we offer can be found below:
- Aphasia groups are a supportive place to practice speaking and also to learn from the experiences of others with similar language difficulties. Discussions involve current events, coping with life with aphasia, and language games.
- Book club also available
Brain Injury Alliance of Connecticut
- Support group for individuals with acquired brain injury (TBI), as well as their family members and caregivers.
- Support group for individuals that stutter.
Living Well with Hearing Loss
- A series of three classes which cover hearing loss and its impact on daily living, hearing aids and their function, and communicating with the hearing impaired, tips and technology
- Social communication group for individuals who are transitioning or have transitioned. Emphasis is on voice and communication.
Social Skills Group
- Social group for children who struggle using social skills effectively and their parents/caregivers.
For more information or to register, please contact Speech&HearingClinic@uconn.edu.