We no longer require students to complete observation hours as part of the undergraduate degree requirements (formerly offered as CDIS 4242). However, we strongly recommend that students complete these hours if they are pursuing graduate programs in Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences (e.g., Au.D., M.A). The following materials outline how to fulfill the observation hours in order to receive documentation of completion.
Upon completing the forms, all logs, and any additional documentation for external hours, must be submitted to the Clinic Director, Wendy Chase, for final approval (original documentation only; copies will not be accepted). These can be left in her mailbox on the 2nd floor of the PCSB Building in room 225 between the hours of 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
Notice: Please keep a copy of all of your documentation for your records.
- How to sign up for Speech or Audiology Observations at the UConn Speech & Hearing Clinic
- Requirements for Off-Campus Observations
- Observation FAQ’s
- Observation Hour Signature and Summary Form
- Observation Guidelines Agreement – For UConn Speech & Hearing Clinic Observations Only
- UConn Speech & Hearing Clinic Confidentiality Statement Form – For UConn Speech & Hearing Clinic Observations Only
- Verification of ASHA Certification (CCC-CPC) – For Off-Campus Observations Only